Thursday 21 January 2016

Day 2

It wasn't too bad I guess....

As I'm working nights for the next 4 nights I decided to have a proper sleep today. This means I didn't really get out of bed until afternoon. However I had (in bed) a healthy breakfast of oats soaked with milk with fruits and nuts. When I eventually got up and couldn't procrastinate any more I thought I'll give this running app a go. The whole idea is called Fartlek and more or less requires running slow and fast alternately. Well... can't be that bad I thought. I went for a default mode for beginners. It took about 17 min to complete the first workout but after about ten I was doing: "hard jog", "run" or "sprint" at pretty much similar speed. Never mind... at least I was running, well... it was more like gentle jog. I managed to get slightly lost and it took me another 20 min to get back so overall it was ok. Of course I stopped for coffee halfway through. My second favourite coffee roasting place in Bury - Frank and Ernest. I was really lucky to get coffee as they were closing but the lovely barista said he won't deny anyone to have coffee. What a great spirit!!!!

 
When it comes to food I made lovely Brussels sprouts soup and even better arroz doce vaguely following the recipe I've learnt in Portugal.
 
Who said that healthy food needs to look awful???
 

Despite the look it was quite nice. I remember I hated Brussels sprouts when I was a child but I grew to really like them. And it's the first time I actually used them to make soup.

Ok, now I'm getting hungry again ;)

Not sure what song to "play" for you... let's go for an old, lovely one, shall we?


Słowa napisał Jonasz Kofta (jakby kto pytał) ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment